My top choices were applesauce, apple butter, Paleo pancakes, apple pork chops, apple pie filling, and rum infusions.
I already made a batch of applesauce. Anyone who regularly reads my blog knows that I don't cook unless it is as easy as can be. If there is more than 5 ingredients in a recipe, it is way too high maintenance for me. The apple sauce recipe I found and tried had two! Two! Two ingredients! Do I need to repeat myself again? Okay - TWO!
Here is what to do to make crock pot applesauce:
- Get the slow cooker ready
- Peel and core as many apples as will fit in your slow cooker
- Add a little bit of water on the bottom
- Place apples in the slow cooker
- Add cinnamon
- Stir occasionally
- Note: I had mine on high. The apples were in the slow cooker for about 4 hours. I stirred for a minute or so once an hour. The apples will break down on their own, but you can mash them a bit to help them along.
- Note two: Sooo effin' good.
You can find the food recipes on the Pinterest board below.
Here is a link to how to infuse alcohol with apples and cinnamon! While this recipe is for vodka, we are using rum. Our plan is to put them in Mason jars with apple cider for Christmas gifts.
What I listened to while writing:
Broadripple is Burning by Margot & the Nuclear So & So's
Wasted Time by Vance Joy
The Great Divide by The Mowgli's