[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="347"] Photo credit: player_pleasure / Foter / CC BY[/caption]
Let me begin by saying, yes, I am bias. Now, to the first sentence of this blog.
Chicago is the best place to live during the holidays! The holiday decor and lights are painted all over the streets and skyline. It is a beautiful city, no matter the season, but the holidays just feel that much more special here. Take advantage of the amazing season, and go to the fun events around Chicago. Every month, I write a monthly bucket list of things I want to do. December, my bucket list gets so long, I usually only get to touch on a few of them. Here is my December bucket list!
1. Watch a holiday movie once a week with J
2. Get a real Christmas tree from a tree farm - the chop your own kind.
3. Go to the Winter Wonderland at Navy Pier and take J to see Santa there
4. Shop State Street - I love the animated lights and music! (and the guy in front of Old Navy who yells about pot smokers going to hell....)
5. Zoo Lights at Brookfield Zoo
6. Take J to the Children's Museum during my time off at the end of the month
7. Make Christmas crafts with family and friends
8. Plan a Chicago-rific New Years Eve
9. Make Christmas cookies with J
10. Take J on the holiday el ride
11. Go to the German market downtown
What I listened to while writing:
The War Within by Churchill
Riptide by Emblem3
Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars