I don't know about you, but I have tried about a thousand and fifteen cauliflower pizza recipes. I love pizza. Like, one of those epic love affairs you read about and you're all, "...I wish someone loved me that much! That kind of love only exists in books.." Well, be jealous, that's the kind of love I have for pizza. However, I do not love when my jeans don't fit, so, I try and find alternatives.
The bitch of cauliflower pizza crust:
1. Sticky - half the pizza stays on the pan.
2. Fall apart
This is how I solved the cauliflower pizza crust problems:
1. 2 cups cauliflower ground with a food processor.
2. 2 eggs
3. 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
4. 1 cup of flaxseed flour
- First heat the cauliflower in the microwave for 8 minutes.
- Then add the eggs, cheese, and flaxseed.
- Add any spices you like: oregano, basil, garlic, minced onions, etc.
- Mix well.
- Flatten into a pizza shape and bake ON PARCHMENT PAPER for fifteen minutes at 450.
- Take out the crust and let it rest for fifteen minutes. This allows time to harden the crust.
- Add toppings.
- Put back in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Take the pizza out and let it set for a few minutes before cutting.
Enjoy! I made up this recipe this weekend. I didn't think about taking pictures for the blog until it was too late. Sorry :(. But, enjoy this generic picture of a cauliflower pizza. FYI - yours will be darker because of the flaxseed.
What I listened to while writing:
I see Fire by Ed Sheeran
Billie Jean by the Civil Wars