10 weird Things I Enjoy About Motherhood
There was a period of time when it seemed like J was sick ALL THE TIME. He had the flu; pneumonia; RSV; ear infections; and hand, foot, mouth about a thousand times over a six month period. During one of these bouts with illness, J was fussing. His stomach was bothering him, so I picked him up and BAM – he projectile puked on me. I said, “Oh, geez” (only a reaction a mother would have) and handed J to Kyle. J then projectile puked on him. Kyle and I look at each other with cottage cheese-style puke dripping off our faces and start laughing our asses off. Not the reaction either of us would have given a year earlier, but when you have kids, that’s how it goes. You get puked, pooped, and peed on and it’s just “eh, whatever.” While I don’t enjoy being puked on, this did get me thinking of weird things that I enjoy about being a mom that I never would have guessed. Here’s my top 10 list – because I enjoy a list.
1. When J cries and actually lets me comfort him (far and in between as he charges into toddler-land).
2. When we discover a new food that J really likes.
3. When J grabs my finger and drags me somewhere.
4. When J holds his hands out to me to pick him up (even though he weighs almost as much as I do – haha – hyperbole).
5. When J concentrates really hard as he colors.
6. When J colors on his toys (this one needs explaining. I really do hate it because I have to clean it, but he really enjoys it and looks so pleased with this creation).
7. When J tries to say I love you, but it comes out I La La.
8. When I see J through the window at school, but he doesn’t see me.
9. When I see J finally see me through the window.
10. When I watch J interact with the little munchkins in his class.
What do you enjoy about motherhood that you never expected?
Post a Comment
I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and let me know you exist ;)